Saturday, February 18, 2012

By Bread Alone

I'm not a bread-maker.  That is my sister's department.  She makes buttery golden loaves that are to die for.  I'm not inept, mine just isn't ever anything worth talking about, and I always feel like it's so much work.

Until now.

Until this.


Crispy and flavorful on the outside, chewy and light and mild on the inside.  It takes a long time from start to finish, but you don't spend but about 10 minutes messing with it.  It is as good as it is pretty.  

I had this bread for the first time at my friend, Krista's house.  She cooks.  This was served with Risotto and  Parmesan chicken and yum.  It came out of the oven and I couldn't get enough.  I felt like I was in a Jim Gaffigan bit: "Bread? They have bread here? I love bread. Can I have some more bread? And can you cancel my entree?"

Try it.  Then come back and thank me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment